Although radishes might not be one of the more popular vegetables, you should consider including them in your diet. They provide many health benefits, as they are packed with nutrients. Radishes help cleanse our liver and stomach and help purify our blood.
Some of the of benefits of eating radishes include:
- Radishes are low in calories: If you are trying to follow a healthy diet, you should consider including radishes on your meals. They are very low in calories and contain virtually no fat, but still fill you up.
- They are a good source of vitamins: Radishes are packed with vitamins E, A, C, B6 and K. Vitamin C works as an antioxidant that will help your body fight free radicals and help prevent cell damage.
- They can improve your skin: The vitamin C in radishes can help with dry skin problems, acne, and rashes. Because they contain high levels of water, they can also help hydrate the skin.
- Radishes will keep you hydrated: As mentioned before, radishes contain high levels of water. This can help keep you hydrated throughout the day and boost your energy levels.
- They are packed with fibre: fibre helps with digestion and can help manage blood sugar levels. It also regulates bile production, protects your liver and gall bladder and it works very well for taking care of water retention.
- They are good for a healthy heart: Radishes are a good source of anthocyanins. These can help keep you heart healthy.
There are a lot of recipes out there, that you can use for inspiration on how to include radishes in your diet. You can slice it and serve it with a salad, or on bread. Radish soup is also a popular option. Use them for dips, include them in coleslaw, tacos or burgers, or use them as crudités; the possibilities are endless. You can also use them to make radish juice, mixing the radishes with other nutrient filled vegetables or fruits.
M&P Engineering is a leading specialist in the design and manufacture of food processing equipment including their world-famous onion peeling machine. The onion processing equipment uses a self-adjusting assembly of floating knives to top, tail and peel onions from 45mm to 115mm diameter. The onion peeler also uses air compressors to remove the outer layers of onion peel, helping to keep optimum appearance of the final product.
Based on the successful design of the M&P Onion Peeler, the M&P Radish Top & Tailer is tailored for optimum efficiency and reliability.
This innovative piece of equipment tops and tails the radish, at a rate of up to 100 per minute. The top and tail knives of the machine float to adjust position to the size of the radish, reducing waste and allowing operation on a wide range of radish sizes and shapes.
Because of this manual adjustment of the top and tail knives, no change of parts is required for the M&P Top and Tailer.
Benefits of the M&P Top & Tailer include: Separate discharge points for top & tailed radish and waste; low labour requirement; easy to maintain; simplicity of design and easy access for cleaning ensures minimum downtime.