Radishes often play a role in salads and garnishes, with their vibrant colours and crispy texture, but when it comes to vegetables that pack a punch of flavour and crunch, radishes are often underestimated. There are many creative culinary ways to use radishes:
- Radish chips: although smaller than potatoes, radishes can be sliced and fried or baked as you would with a potato. They turn into crisp chips, which can then be seasoned with your favourite herbs or sauces.
- Radish pickles: you can ferment just about anything, but radishes aren’t usually the go-to. Pickled radishes are wonderful to add to salads or sandwiches.
- Radish salsa: their unique flavour complements the usual tomato, onion, and cilantro combination, and adds a unique texture.
- Radish pasta: with the proper tool, you can make pasta out of radishes, cook them as you would regular pasta and serve with a nice sauce. It is a perfect low-carb option.
- Radish butter: mix softened butter with finely grated radishes. Goes well over toast or crackers.
There are so many different ways to use radishes in your dishes, from kimchi to slaw or even smoothies. They are an extremely versatile vegetable making them the perfect ingredient to try out on recipes where you are looking to explore.
This innovative piece of equipment tops and tails the radish, at a rate of up to 100 per minute. The top and tail knives of the machine float to adjust position to the size of the radish, reducing waste and allowing operation on a wide range of radish sizes and shapes.
Because of the manual adjustment of the top and tail knives, no change of parts is required for the M&P Top and Tailer.
Benefits of the M&P Top & Tailer includes separate discharge points for top & tailed radish and waste; low labour requirement; easy to maintain; simplicity of design and easy access for cleaning ensures minimum downtime.