Marking the end of British Summer Time, the clocks go back in October, giving us an extra hour in bed. With the wintertime fast approaching, there is nothing better than a hot and delicious meal to keep us warm.
A good meal does not need to be complicated or very time consuming. A simple home-made casserole, like the one below, can be made with the simplest ingredients and packed with healthy vegetables. The below will serve 4 people and can be easily prepared in only 15 minutes!
- 2 onions, cut into wedges
- 3 carrots, cut into chunks
- 3 celery sticks, cut into chunks
- 400g of sweet potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 litre of vegetable stock
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 leeks, thickly sliced
- 150g of pearl barley
- 2tsp of dried sage
- 3tbsp of chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 ºC. In a casserole, mix in the onions, carrots, celery, and sweet potato, add the stock, and bring it to the boil.
- Once it is boiling, add the garlic, leeks, barley, sage and the seasoning. Stir to mix it all together, cover the casserole and leave it to cook for about an hour, until the vegetables are soft.
- Lastly, add the parsley and serve.
M&P Engineering is a leading manufacturer of food production, preparation, and filling equipment. With over 50 years’ in the industry, M&P Engineering has grown to become a global business, with distribution agents all over the world.
M&P Engineering manufactures high quality fresh cut machinery such as the Carousel Grid Cutting Machine. This machine is capable of cutting vegetables and fruit into fries, batons, wedges, petals and slices.
M&P Engineering’s Large Onion Peeling Machine can peel, top and tail onions of different sizes using its self-adjusting floating knife assemblies. The peeler uses a dry peeling process, by using compressed air to remove the skin, resulting in no waste slurry. The peeler has a raw material input rate of 750kg per hour when working at optimum speed but can be adjusted to the users’ needs.
If you would like to find out more information about M&P’s products and services, please call on +44 (0)161 872 8378 or contact us here.